Learn about the importance of digital transformation and how you can apply it to your business.
Digital technology has changed almost every aspect of our lives, from the way we communicate to the way we shop and do business.
These extreme changes have also created a great number of challenges for businesses and companies, especially those that were created before the Internet age.
In order to find a solution to these problems, businesses need to learn about the concept of digital transformation.
But what exactly is digital transformation?
In its most simple definition, we can see digital transformation as a way to take an existing business into the digital world.
However, David Rogers, author of The Digital Transformation Playbook, explains that digital transformation is not just about technology. In reality, digital transformation is about learning to think differently about your business.
Rogers divides digital transformation into 5 domains or areas; they are:
- Customers: How can your business be relevant to the customers?
- Competition: In the digital age, businesses compete with all kinds of businesses, not just the ones in their same industry.
- Data: Data becomes a strategic asset for a business in the digital age.
- Innovation: You must create an innovation model that it’s based on learning and rapid experimentation.
- Value: How can I add value to the business?
If you’re interested in getting your business started on digital transformation, you can try the following tips:
- Don’t just digitize your existing business.
- Focus on the customer.
- Define a leadership vision.
- Don’t do it all by yourself.
- Start now, don’t wait!
- Find your urgency.
Digital transformation is not easy, but with the right strategy and leadership any business can transform successfully in the digital age.
Do you have any questions about digital transformation? Let us know in the comment section!